Site Safety together with the design and specifying of safe and suitable materials and methods of construction are of utmost importance to the Practice both in terms of providing protection to the Contractor during the course of the works and the end user of the project.
We provide the service of, and act as CDM Coordinators in accordance with the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007 (CDM Regs).
We have included on this page a useful link to the wording of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007 (CDM Regs) which can be accessed by clicking the image within text on the right hand side.
More specifically we can comply strictly with the requirements of the CDM Regulations by providing the following services:
- Provide suitable and sufficient advice and assistance to clients in order to help them comply with their duties under the Regulations to include:
i. The duty to appoint competent designers and contractors
ii. The duty to ensure that adequate arrangements are in place for managing the project
- We notify the Health & Safety Executive about the project
- Coordinate design work, planning and other preparation for construction where relevant to Health & Safety
- Identify and collect the pre construction information and advice the client if surveys need to be commissioned to fill significant gaps
- Provide all such parts of the pre construction information which are relevant to each contractor including the Principal Contractor
- Manage the flow of Health & Safety information between clients, designers and contractors
- Advise the client on the suitability of the initial Construction Phase Plan and the arrangements made to ensure that welfare facilities are on site from the start
- Produce or update a relevant friendly Health & Safety file suitable for future use at the end of the construction phase