Conversion, Rehabilitation and Extension Works
Conversion, refurbishment and extension works of various buildings, the majority of which are owned by Housing Associations, Local Authorities and other professional clients, has become a significant part of our work load for many years.
The Practice specialises in this area of work and offers comprehensive services which range from inception to include full architectural services using Computer Aided Design (CAD), through to the final account process for contract projects and thereafter to future planned maintenance, fire risk evaluation, energy conservation, Cost in Use and Life Cycle Analysis.
With our design services we ensure that any project complies and is formally certified to the latest BREEAM (Building Research Establishments Assessment Method) Standards.
Services to Housing Associations have built up a comprehensive level of experience, not only in the basic rented sectors, but in various types of tenure from Shared Housing for Special Needs to
Services now offered range from traditional pre- and post-contract roles for both Design and Measurement to Design/Financial Feasibilities obtaining and negotiating, together with the evaluation of tenders and project monitoring with regard to Design and Build Forms of Contract and Contract Administration for more traditional forms of contract.
Work includes for monitoring repairs, up to and including the completion of the Rectification Period/Defects Liability Period.
Services typically would include :
- Preparation of feasibility reports and estimates
- Cost advice
- BREEAM advice
- Measured surveys, architectural design services and preparation of working drawings
- Preparation of Specifications
- Advice on type of contract to be used and preparation of documents
- Monitoring work on site
- Exercising cost control, preparing valuations and financial statements during building operations
- Preparing Maintenance Reports and Schedules
- Preparation of Progress Reports
- Agreeing Contractor's final accounts
- Establishing Term Maintenance and monitoring same, checking contractors' invoices and certifying payments
- Monitoring and agreeing works to be carried out both during and on completion of the rectification/defects liability period